Races will be for Classes or Divisions.
Our standard Classes are:
Optimist (OP) P Class (PC) Starling (ST) Sunburst (SU)
Zephyr (ZE) Laser (LA) Open (ON) Paper Tiger (PT)
Our standard Divisions are:
Junior (J) = Optimist, P Class, Firebug
Senior (S) = All other monohull dinghies
Catamarans (C) = All multihulls
Club Sailing Instructions are displayed on the Club website (www.mpyc.org.nz) and on the Clubhouse outside notice board. Estuary Class Championships and Oborns Nautical Estuary Pennants are run in conjunction with PPYC and CYC. Our website will have the sailing instructions and courses.
The following requirements apply to all races:
- Unless noted as an Open event, visitors from YNZ affiliated Clubs are welcome to race but are not eligible to win Club trophies.
- Yachts must start in at least two Club races to become eligible to win any trophy.
- Any member whose subscription is unpaid after November 30 is not eligible to race, and will not be eligible to win any trophy.
- Race entries must be made on the forms provided at the Clubhouse.
- Start times and courses for each Class/Division will be displayed at the Clubhouse.
- For Mark Foy (MF) races – entries must be made 45 minutes before the advertised Start Time.
- For all other races – entries must be made 15 minutes before the advertised Start Time.
- In addition to the trophies listed in the program, there are a number of others available and these are awarded for specific achievements such as gaining most points in a Class, most improved skipper etc.
- We endeavour to post results on the Club website throughout the season.